Kaity Tsui's passion for the environment (and personal commitment to reduce her carbon footprint) began with an animated television program called "Captain Planet." Since then, she has been active in New York City's sustainability efforts through her employment and volunteer work with numerous environmental organizations. On the 40th anniversary of Earth Day, she was honored as I LOVE NY's first ever Greenest New Yorker in New York State. While freelancing on a few eco-centric projects, she serves as the Ambassador for I LOVE NY's Green Heart NY program, promoting green travel and tourism throughout the State and engaging the public through her blog Diaries of the Greenest NYer. She holds a Bachelor of Arts in Metropolitan Studies from New York University. She recently completed the Citizen Pruner program from Trees New York, and she is working towards her Master Composter certificate from the Lower East Side Ecology Center. Her interests include traveling, yoga, taking pictures and trying new things at least once.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...Broga? Really? Are they targeting college frat boys as a demo? ..."
- by reader StoJa
- by reader John M. Uscian
- by reader Highlowsel Smith
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 15 obsolete words we should still be using
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- 10 models the car lots can't give away
- 'Small is Beautiful' casts honest, often heartbreaking light on tiny house movement
- Strange and surprising facts about how animals sleep
- Don't toss that overripe avocado! 7 ways to salvage it
- Celebrate Cinco de Mayo with a walk through time
- 7 core stability exercises that aren't crunches
- More trees than there were 100 years ago? It's true!
- Too beautiful to be real? 16 surreal landscapes found on Earth