Kaity Tsui's passion for the environment (and personal commitment to reduce her carbon footprint) began with an animated television program called "Captain Planet." Since then, she has been active in New York City's sustainability efforts through her employment and volunteer work with numerous environmental organizations. On the 40th anniversary of Earth Day, she was honored as I LOVE NY's first ever Greenest New Yorker in New York State. While freelancing on a few eco-centric projects, she serves as the Ambassador for I LOVE NY's Green Heart NY program, promoting green travel and tourism throughout the State and engaging the public through her blog Diaries of the Greenest NYer. She holds a Bachelor of Arts in Metropolitan Studies from New York University. She recently completed the Citizen Pruner program from Trees New York, and she is working towards her Master Composter certificate from the Lower East Side Ecology Center. Her interests include traveling, yoga, taking pictures and trying new things at least once.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...I'm sorry, but if my child were in a class with these two, I would pull him out...."
- by reader Karen
- by reader Tara
- by reader Kaiyotee
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 7 things your senior dog would like to tell you
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- Meet Ingo and Poldi, best friends breaking all the rules
- 8 adorable videos of baby animals taking baths
- 7 cultural concepts we don't have in the U.S.
- 7 little-known side effects of daylight saving time
- Which of the 8 kinds of intelligence do you have?
- Octopus snatches camera, snaps photos of photographer
- 10 natural cough remedies
- 6 books every dog owner should read