Kaity Tsui's passion for the environment (and personal commitment to reduce her carbon footprint) began with an animated television program called "Captain Planet." Since then, she has been active in New York City's sustainability efforts through her employment and volunteer work with numerous environmental organizations. On the 40th anniversary of Earth Day, she was honored as I LOVE NY's first ever Greenest New Yorker in New York State. While freelancing on a few eco-centric projects, she serves as the Ambassador for I LOVE NY's Green Heart NY program, promoting green travel and tourism throughout the State and engaging the public through her blog Diaries of the Greenest NYer. She holds a Bachelor of Arts in Metropolitan Studies from New York University. She recently completed the Citizen Pruner program from Trees New York, and she is working towards her Master Composter certificate from the Lower East Side Ecology Center. Her interests include traveling, yoga, taking pictures and trying new things at least once.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"..."Please" and "Thank You" are two tiny words that need to come back into our vocabulary. ..."
- by reader Kristal
"...Every drop of water matters...."
- by reader GhhShirley
- by reader Free Voice
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- Cryosleep: It's not just science fiction anymore
- Thanks bro! 9 videos of humans giving animals a helping hand
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- 25 of the cutest bat species
- 6 time-tested ways to revitalize your metabolism
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- How to get rid of wasps naturally
- The mystery of the Marfa Lights
- High-tech car theft with a $17 device
- 17 surprisingly real animals