Kaity Tsui's passion for the environment (and personal commitment to reduce her carbon footprint) began with an animated television program called "Captain Planet." Since then, she has been active in New York City's sustainability efforts through her employment and volunteer work with numerous environmental organizations. On the 40th anniversary of Earth Day, she was honored as I LOVE NY's first ever Greenest New Yorker in New York State. While freelancing on a few eco-centric projects, she serves as the Ambassador for I LOVE NY's Green Heart NY program, promoting green travel and tourism throughout the State and engaging the public through her blog Diaries of the Greenest NYer. She holds a Bachelor of Arts in Metropolitan Studies from New York University. She recently completed the Citizen Pruner program from Trees New York, and she is working towards her Master Composter certificate from the Lower East Side Ecology Center. Her interests include traveling, yoga, taking pictures and trying new things at least once.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...Stands to reason anything that's bad for one lung is bad for another. ..."
- by reader Brent WIlbur
- by reader tlr
- by reader GCO
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- What dehydration can do to your body [Infographic]
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- Is going 'off-grid' a good idea?
- 6 tools to help predict how long you'll live
- Forest bathing: Take a dip in these serene forests
- 7 cultural concepts we don't have in the U.S.
- 15 famous people who mysteriously disappeared
- Parallel worlds exist and interact with our world, say physicists
- 11 human foods dogs can eat and 5 they shouldn't
- What your blood type says about you