Kaity Tsui's passion for the environment (and personal commitment to reduce her carbon footprint) began with an animated television program called "Captain Planet." Since then, she has been active in New York City's sustainability efforts through her employment and volunteer work with numerous environmental organizations. On the 40th anniversary of Earth Day, she was honored as I LOVE NY's first ever Greenest New Yorker in New York State. While freelancing on a few eco-centric projects, she serves as the Ambassador for I LOVE NY's Green Heart NY program, promoting green travel and tourism throughout the State and engaging the public through her blog Diaries of the Greenest NYer. She holds a Bachelor of Arts in Metropolitan Studies from New York University. She recently completed the Citizen Pruner program from Trees New York, and she is working towards her Master Composter certificate from the Lower East Side Ecology Center. Her interests include traveling, yoga, taking pictures and trying new things at least once.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 'Dr. Oz' is wrong more than half the time, study finds
- Cape Cod dune shacks float on the edge of the continent
- 17 things you didn't know you could do in a waffle iron
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- 10 false facts most people think are true
- British farmer ordered to demolish clandestine castle house
- How 'hygge' can help you get through winter
- Enjoy a healthier night's sleep in this totally transparent house
- How often do you really need to shower?
- 5 fun family games for Christmas