Lou Bendrick is a food-advice columnist for Grist.org, an online environmental magazine that reaches 750,000 readers per month. She is a former newspaper reporter, editor and freelance writer who wrote humorous columns and essays for the Aspen Times, Northern Sky News and the High Country News syndicate, Writers on the Range. Her work now falls under the oxymoronic category of “environmental humor” and appears in publications such as Plenty, Whole Life Times and Orion Magazine. She eats and lives in Great Barrington with her husband, author Hal Clifford, and their two children. Her recently released book is "Eat Where You Live: How to find and enjoy local and sustainable food no matter where you live" (Skipstone; 2008). She is currently working on a film project. Stay tuned.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...I'm sorry, but if my child were in a class with these two, I would pull him out...."
- by reader Karen
- by reader Tara
- by reader Kaiyotee
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- Can you identify these trees based on their flowers?
- The Grand Canyon is under attack (from humans)
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- Mother's photos glorify a mermaid's adventures
- Parallel worlds exist and interact with our world, say physicists
- Need a dose of happy? Watch this video
- 13 surprising home remedies for acid reflux
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- Immortal jellyfish: Does it really live forever?
- Too beautiful to be real? 16 surreal landscapes found on Earth