Lou Bendrick is a food-advice columnist for Grist.org, an online environmental magazine that reaches 750,000 readers per month. She is a former newspaper reporter, editor and freelance writer who wrote humorous columns and essays for the Aspen Times, Northern Sky News and the High Country News syndicate, Writers on the Range. Her work now falls under the oxymoronic category of “environmental humor” and appears in publications such as Plenty, Whole Life Times and Orion Magazine. She eats and lives in Great Barrington with her husband, author Hal Clifford, and their two children. Her recently released book is "Eat Where You Live: How to find and enjoy local and sustainable food no matter where you live" (Skipstone; 2008). She is currently working on a film project. Stay tuned.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- The world's happiest country in 2013 was...
- Dog-friendly beaches: Coastal canines
- Why is my cat peeing outside the litter box?
- 26 photos of cats sleeping wherever they want, however they want
- 7 tiny homes that celebrate simple living
- Hyperemesis gravidarum is not morning sickness
- Can you make yourself smarter?
- When are you supposed to tip?
- What will humans look like in 100,000 years?