Lou Bendrick is a food-advice columnist for Grist.org, an online environmental magazine that reaches 750,000 readers per month. She is a former newspaper reporter, editor and freelance writer who wrote humorous columns and essays for the Aspen Times, Northern Sky News and the High Country News syndicate, Writers on the Range. Her work now falls under the oxymoronic category of “environmental humor” and appears in publications such as Plenty, Whole Life Times and Orion Magazine. She eats and lives in Great Barrington with her husband, author Hal Clifford, and their two children. Her recently released book is "Eat Where You Live: How to find and enjoy local and sustainable food no matter where you live" (Skipstone; 2008). She is currently working on a film project. Stay tuned.
Lou's MOST RECENT COMMENTS
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- What are the hardest languages to learn?
- Why crafting is good for mental health
- Why you have to pee in the middle of the night
- 8 ways to overcome emotional eating
- Oregon man in possession of 13 million gallons of illicit rainwater sentenced to jail
- Corgis are taking over the Internet. (And if you have any doubt, watch a couple of these videos) | M
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- Too beautiful to be real? 16 surreal landscapes found on Earth
- Best air-filtering houseplants, according to NASA
- Think you know how to spot a psychopath? Think again