Lou Bendrick is a food-advice columnist for Grist.org, an online environmental magazine that reaches 750,000 readers per month. She is a former newspaper reporter, editor and freelance writer who wrote humorous columns and essays for the Aspen Times, Northern Sky News and the High Country News syndicate, Writers on the Range. Her work now falls under the oxymoronic category of “environmental humor” and appears in publications such as Plenty, Whole Life Times and Orion Magazine. She eats and lives in Great Barrington with her husband, author Hal Clifford, and their two children. Her recently released book is "Eat Where You Live: How to find and enjoy local and sustainable food no matter where you live" (Skipstone; 2008). She is currently working on a film project. Stay tuned.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- Cape Cod dune shacks float on the edge of the continent
- 17 things you didn't know you could do in a waffle iron
- Enjoy a healthier night's sleep in this totally transparent house
- British farmer ordered to demolish clandestine castle house
- 27 gourmet vegetarian recipes for Christmas dinner
- How 'hygge' can help you get through winter
- How to stop a cold before it starts
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- 5 fun family games for Christmas
- What are the hardest languages to learn?