Lou Bendrick is a food-advice columnist for Grist.org, an online environmental magazine that reaches 750,000 readers per month. She is a former newspaper reporter, editor and freelance writer who wrote humorous columns and essays for the Aspen Times, Northern Sky News and the High Country News syndicate, Writers on the Range. Her work now falls under the oxymoronic category of “environmental humor” and appears in publications such as Plenty, Whole Life Times and Orion Magazine. She eats and lives in Great Barrington with her husband, author Hal Clifford, and their two children. Her recently released book is "Eat Where You Live: How to find and enjoy local and sustainable food no matter where you live" (Skipstone; 2008). She is currently working on a film project. Stay tuned.
Lou's MOST RECENT COMMENTS
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- New quantum camera capable of snapping photos of 'ghosts'
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- Could you survive being lost in the woods? Quiz
- 100 years later, the passenger pigeon still haunts us
- 10 habits you should pick up from your grandmother
- 18 things you didn't know about dog paws
- Ancient humans had sex with mystery relatives
- Drone films dozens of wild dolphins surfing together
- How extensive is California's drought? Compare the photos
- 14 photos of cats in action: Cats caught on camera