Lauren Duncan is a long-time environmentalist and vegetarian. She became interested in the environmental movement when she worked at a family owned natural grocery store outside Seattle from 2006-2008. During that time, she was introduced to issues, thanks to co-workers and seminars. Lauren has been involved with nonprofits, including a communications internship with Seattle's Alliance for Education, and has volunteered with park clean-ups and foodbanks throughout the greater Seattle area. She has been a college-level writing tutor and an anthropology tutor. Lauren has currently completed her BA in English and anthropology at the University of Washington. Lauren spends her free time drinking free trade coffee, writing and doing almost anything outdoors.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...I'm sorry, but if my child were in a class with these two, I would pull him out...."
- by reader Karen
- by reader Tara
- by reader Kaiyotee
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 11 quirky travel destinations for cat people
- Need a dose of happy? Watch this video
- World's cutest endangered animal photographed for first time in over 2 decades
- Parallel worlds exist and interact with our world, say physicists
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- 7 cultural concepts we don't have in the U.S.
- Shelter cat makes perfect rock-climbing partner
- What chickens do during a solar eclipse
- This might be the best video of lava you've ever seen