Lauren Duncan is a long-time environmentalist and vegetarian. She became interested in the environmental movement when she worked at a family owned natural grocery store outside Seattle from 2006-2008. During that time, she was introduced to issues, thanks to co-workers and seminars. Lauren has been involved with nonprofits, including a communications internship with Seattle's Alliance for Education, and has volunteered with park clean-ups and foodbanks throughout the greater Seattle area. She has been a college-level writing tutor and an anthropology tutor. Lauren has currently completed her BA in English and anthropology at the University of Washington. Lauren spends her free time drinking free trade coffee, writing and doing almost anything outdoors.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"..."Please" and "Thank You" are two tiny words that need to come back into our vocabulary. ..."
- by reader Kristal
"...Every drop of water matters...."
- by reader GhhShirley
- by reader Free Voice
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- 10 habits you should pick up from your grandmother
- Environmental News and Information
- Trade network existed between America and Asia hundreds of years before Columbus
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- Archaeologists unearth 5,000-year-old 'third-gender' caveman
- 'Everlasting storm' has 1 million lightning strikes a year
- Wild mushrooms: What to eat, what to avoid
- 6 time-tested ways to revitalize your metabolism
- Meet the coolest tiny plants in the forest