Lauren Duncan is a long-time environmentalist and vegetarian. She became interested in the environmental movement when she worked at a family owned natural grocery store outside Seattle from 2006-2008. During that time, she was introduced to issues, thanks to co-workers and seminars. Lauren has been involved with nonprofits, including a communications internship with Seattle's Alliance for Education, and has volunteered with park clean-ups and foodbanks throughout the greater Seattle area. She has been a college-level writing tutor and an anthropology tutor. Lauren has currently completed her BA in English and anthropology at the University of Washington. Lauren spends her free time drinking free trade coffee, writing and doing almost anything outdoors.
Lauren's MOST RECENT COMMENTS
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- 15 fascinating facts about Houdini
- 100 years later, the passenger pigeon still haunts us
- 7 cheap and easy vegetarian meals
- Uncannily simple: Food preservation for mere mortals
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- Why do people look like their pets? It's in the eyes.
- 8 videos that prove we're not the only ones who snore
- 10 natural cough remedies
- Too beautiful to be real? 16 surreal landscapes found on Earth