Lauren Duncan is a long-time environmentalist and vegetarian. She became interested in the environmental movement when she worked at a family owned natural grocery store outside Seattle from 2006-2008. During that time, she was introduced to issues, thanks to co-workers and seminars. Lauren has been involved with nonprofits, including a communications internship with Seattle's Alliance for Education, and has volunteered with park clean-ups and foodbanks throughout the greater Seattle area. She has been a college-level writing tutor and an anthropology tutor. Lauren has currently completed her BA in English and anthropology at the University of Washington. Lauren spends her free time drinking free trade coffee, writing and doing almost anything outdoors.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...Broga? Really? Are they targeting college frat boys as a demo? ..."
- by reader StoJa
- by reader John M. Uscian
- by reader Highlowsel Smith
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- Reinventing the wheel, 'Tron'-style
- 11 minimalist nature photos that will leave you speechless
- The most dangerous foods for dogs
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- What is deism?
- 15 indelible images from the Refugio oil spill
- 13 surprising home remedies for acid reflux
- What happens when you switch to only organic foods?
- Why we need to live with less [Infographic]
- 5 brilliant mathematicians and their impact on the modern world