Lauren Duncan is a long-time environmentalist and vegetarian. She became interested in the environmental movement when she worked at a family owned natural grocery store outside Seattle from 2006-2008. During that time, she was introduced to issues, thanks to co-workers and seminars. Lauren has been involved with nonprofits, including a communications internship with Seattle's Alliance for Education, and has volunteered with park clean-ups and foodbanks throughout the greater Seattle area. She has been a college-level writing tutor and an anthropology tutor. Lauren has currently completed her BA in English and anthropology at the University of Washington. Lauren spends her free time drinking free trade coffee, writing and doing almost anything outdoors.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- How often do you really need to shower?
- Help! I forgot to thaw the turkey
- How much of the Nativity story is true?
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- 6 things you probably didn't know about 'It's a Wonderful Life'
- 7 of the best aurora borealis videos from 2014
- 5 fun family games for Christmas
- Christmas comes early with this a cappella version of 'Little Drummer Boy'
- How to reuse silica gel packets
- The 9 nastiest things in your supermarket