Lauren Duncan is a long-time environmentalist and vegetarian. She became interested in the environmental movement when she worked at a family owned natural grocery store outside Seattle from 2006-2008. During that time, she was introduced to issues, thanks to co-workers and seminars. Lauren has been involved with nonprofits, including a communications internship with Seattle's Alliance for Education, and has volunteered with park clean-ups and foodbanks throughout the greater Seattle area. She has been a college-level writing tutor and an anthropology tutor. Lauren has currently completed her BA in English and anthropology at the University of Washington. Lauren spends her free time drinking free trade coffee, writing and doing almost anything outdoors.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- What's the deal with cats and windows?
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- Guess which cars are magnets for speeding tickets? (Hint: It's not the Ferraris)
- 50 whales may be a new (and very endangered) species
- Celestial sights to check out in the October sky, including a lunar eclipse
- 50 ways to reuse your garbage
- Going off the grid: Why more people are choosing to live life unplugged
- Fireflies and polar bears prime the pump for Nat Geo's annual photo contest
- What will humans look like in 100,000 years?
- 5 apps to teach kids about nature and sustainability