Lauren Duncan is a long-time environmentalist and vegetarian. She became interested in the environmental movement when she worked at a family owned natural grocery store outside Seattle from 2006-2008. During that time, she was introduced to issues, thanks to co-workers and seminars. Lauren has been involved with nonprofits, including a communications internship with Seattle's Alliance for Education, and has volunteered with park clean-ups and foodbanks throughout the greater Seattle area. She has been a college-level writing tutor and an anthropology tutor. Lauren has currently completed her BA in English and anthropology at the University of Washington. Lauren spends her free time drinking free trade coffee, writing and doing almost anything outdoors.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...There may very well be wood types that are best split green, but red oak isn't one of them...."
- by reader LKS473
- by reader Steven
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- What is face blindness?
- No Big Bang? Universe may have had no beginning
- 10 habits you should pick up from your grandmother
- Little girl feeds crows; in return, they bring her gifts
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- 8 life lessons we learned from Dr. Seuss
- The Barefoot Farmer grows more than food
- Goats really can climb trees
- When zombie apocalypse comes, head for the Rockies
- 22 words you're probably saying wrong