Spoiled by the beauty and seclusion of the Georgia coast, Laura works as a naturalist on Little St. Simons Island. Her passion is sharing her love and excitement for the natural world, and since she has graduated from Clemson University, she has been doing just that. She has worked with University of Florida's Fort Lauderdale Research and Education Center, Clemson University's outdoor education programs, Sanibel Sea School, and Cumberland Island National Seashore. Laura was raised in the South Carolina upstate and loves to be outdoors. Her interests include everything from gardening to kayaking to picking up trash from the beach.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- Are we heading for a new 'Mass Extinction?'
- 10 recipes for Brussels sprouts that will make them your new favorite vegetable
- Why are some polar bear populations in decline while others are stable?
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- How to keep scratch-happy cats off furniture
- Photographer finds radiance in wildlife of Arctic tundra
- How 'hygge' can help you get through winter
- 6 food companies embracing the art of storytelling
- The ultimate sweet potato recipe roundup
- What will humans look like in 100,000 years?