Spoiled by the beauty and seclusion of the Georgia coast, Laura works as a naturalist on Little St. Simons Island. Her passion is sharing her love and excitement for the natural world, and since she has graduated from Clemson University, she has been doing just that. She has worked with University of Florida's Fort Lauderdale Research and Education Center, Clemson University's outdoor education programs, Sanibel Sea School, and Cumberland Island National Seashore. Laura was raised in the South Carolina upstate and loves to be outdoors. Her interests include everything from gardening to kayaking to picking up trash from the beach.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- What your sleep position says about you
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- How 'hygge' can help you get through winter
- Giant lost: World's largest earwig declared extinct
- Beautiful moment: 100-year-old woman sees ocean for the first time
- Ballet dancer finds her footing through dreamlike photos
- 13 surprising home remedies for acid reflux
- What your blood type says about you
- What will humans look like in 100,000 years?
- What does your facial shape say about your personality?