Spoiled by the beauty and seclusion of the Georgia coast, Laura works as a naturalist on Little St. Simons Island. Her passion is sharing her love and excitement for the natural world, and since she has graduated from Clemson University, she has been doing just that. She has worked with University of Florida's Fort Lauderdale Research and Education Center, Clemson University's outdoor education programs, Sanibel Sea School, and Cumberland Island National Seashore. Laura was raised in the South Carolina upstate and loves to be outdoors. Her interests include everything from gardening to kayaking to picking up trash from the beach.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 'Miracle Dogs' celebrates rescue dogs and their owners
- 17 things you didn't know you could do in a waffle iron
- Million-mummy cemetery unearthed in Egypt
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- 10 ways to give without buying stuff
- How to transform your sleep with the sun
- What are the hardest languages to learn?
- How Matt Damon bulked up for 'Elysium'
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- How 'hygge' can help you get through winter