Spoiled by the beauty and seclusion of the Georgia coast, Laura works as a naturalist on Little St. Simons Island. Her passion is sharing her love and excitement for the natural world, and since she has graduated from Clemson University, she has been doing just that. She has worked with University of Florida's Fort Lauderdale Research and Education Center, Clemson University's outdoor education programs, Sanibel Sea School, and Cumberland Island National Seashore. Laura was raised in the South Carolina upstate and loves to be outdoors. Her interests include everything from gardening to kayaking to picking up trash from the beach.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- 10 natural cough remedies
- Would you believe these award-winning photographs were captured with an iPhone?
- 5 sadly common reasons people fall out of love
- Vegan grocery list: Top 50 staples for a meat-free diet
- 25 creative ways to help animal shelters
- 'Cat Island' is a feline's purrfect paradise
- 'Everlasting storm' has 1 million lightning strikes a year
- Oats: 12 recipes to get this super grain into your diet
- 11 human foods dogs can eat and 5 they shouldn't