Spoiled by the beauty and seclusion of the Georgia coast, Laura works as a naturalist on Little St. Simons Island. Her passion is sharing her love and excitement for the natural world, and since she has graduated from Clemson University, she has been doing just that. She has worked with University of Florida's Fort Lauderdale Research and Education Center, Clemson University's outdoor education programs, Sanibel Sea School, and Cumberland Island National Seashore. Laura was raised in the South Carolina upstate and loves to be outdoors. Her interests include everything from gardening to kayaking to picking up trash from the beach.
Laura's MOST RECENT COMMENTS
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- How fluent are you in dog-speak?
- Older than your grandma - Animals with the longest life spans
- 11 photos that prove tigers have a softer side
- 16 clever uses for binder clips
- 10 natural remedies using honey
- Who says heroes have to be human? U.S. trees save more than 850 lives a year
- 15 things humans do wrong at dog parks
- What will humans look like in 100,000 years?
- Too beautiful to be real? 16 surreal landscapes found on Earth