Spoiled by the beauty and seclusion of the Georgia coast, Laura works as a naturalist on Little St. Simons Island. Her passion is sharing her love and excitement for the natural world, and since she has graduated from Clemson University, she has been doing just that. She has worked with University of Florida's Fort Lauderdale Research and Education Center, Clemson University's outdoor education programs, Sanibel Sea School, and Cumberland Island National Seashore. Laura was raised in the South Carolina upstate and loves to be outdoors. Her interests include everything from gardening to kayaking to picking up trash from the beach.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...I'm sorry, but if my child were in a class with these two, I would pull him out...."
- by reader Karen
- by reader Tara
- by reader Kaiyotee
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- Your eyeballs can now be injected with night vision
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- 7 cultural concepts we don't have in the U.S.
- The Grand Canyon is under attack (from humans)
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- How to make overnight oats
- Parallel worlds exist and interact with our world, say physicists
- 17 photos of dogs enjoying a windy day
- World's cutest endangered animal photographed for first time in over 2 decades
- Graphene contact lenses could give you Predator-vision