Spoiled by the beauty and seclusion of the Georgia coast, Laura works as a naturalist on Little St. Simons Island. Her passion is sharing her love and excitement for the natural world, and since she has graduated from Clemson University, she has been doing just that. She has worked with University of Florida's Fort Lauderdale Research and Education Center, Clemson University's outdoor education programs, Sanibel Sea School, and Cumberland Island National Seashore. Laura was raised in the South Carolina upstate and loves to be outdoors. Her interests include everything from gardening to kayaking to picking up trash from the beach.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...I'm sorry, but if my child were in a class with these two, I would pull him out...."
- by reader Karen
- by reader Tara
- by reader Kaiyotee
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 8 adorable videos of baby animals taking baths
- Octopus snatches camera, snaps photos of photographer
- 6 ways to annoy a pregnant woman
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- Oats: 12 recipes to get this super grain into your diet
- Photographer captures enchanting landscapes inspired by the Brothers Grimm
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- Newfound spiders have names to match their flash
- 7 cultural concepts we don't have in the U.S.
- Quokka selfies are taking the Internet by storm