Spoiled by the beauty and seclusion of the Georgia coast, Laura works as a naturalist on Little St. Simons Island. Her passion is sharing her love and excitement for the natural world, and since she has graduated from Clemson University, she has been doing just that. She has worked with University of Florida's Fort Lauderdale Research and Education Center, Clemson University's outdoor education programs, Sanibel Sea School, and Cumberland Island National Seashore. Laura was raised in the South Carolina upstate and loves to be outdoors. Her interests include everything from gardening to kayaking to picking up trash from the beach.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"..."Please" and "Thank You" are two tiny words that need to come back into our vocabulary. ..."
- by reader Kristal
"...Every drop of water matters...."
- by reader GhhShirley
- by reader Free Voice
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 10 habits you should pick up from your grandmother
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- 'Everlasting storm' has 1 million lightning strikes a year
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- Wild mushrooms: What to eat, what to avoid
- Archaeologists unearth 5,000-year-old 'third-gender' caveman
- Meet the coolest tiny plants in the forest
- 12 plants that repel unwanted insects
- 6 time-tested ways to revitalize your metabolism
- How to get rid of wasps naturally