Spoiled by the beauty and seclusion of the Georgia coast, Laura works as a naturalist on Little St. Simons Island. Her passion is sharing her love and excitement for the natural world, and since she has graduated from Clemson University, she has been doing just that. She has worked with University of Florida's Fort Lauderdale Research and Education Center, Clemson University's outdoor education programs, Sanibel Sea School, and Cumberland Island National Seashore. Laura was raised in the South Carolina upstate and loves to be outdoors. Her interests include everything from gardening to kayaking to picking up trash from the beach.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- This simple sitting test could predict how long you will live
- 4 reasons to enjoy buying nothing
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- Stray dog follows adventure race team for 430 miles
- Why do butterflies and moths have such detailed wings?
- How 'hygge' can help you get through winter
- 7 traits of people who are great at relationships
- 10 brain games to play with your dog
- 10 natural cough remedies
- Best air-filtering houseplants, according to NASA