Spoiled by the beauty and seclusion of the Georgia coast, Laura works as a naturalist on Little St. Simons Island. Her passion is sharing her love and excitement for the natural world, and since she has graduated from Clemson University, she has been doing just that. She has worked with University of Florida's Fort Lauderdale Research and Education Center, Clemson University's outdoor education programs, Sanibel Sea School, and Cumberland Island National Seashore. Laura was raised in the South Carolina upstate and loves to be outdoors. Her interests include everything from gardening to kayaking to picking up trash from the beach.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- Why dogs don't like to be hugged
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- Fireflies turn dusk to disco in dazzling time-lapse video
- Elephant smashes house, then saves crying baby
- 10 natural cough remedies
- Too beautiful to be real? 16 surreal landscapes found on Earth
- Norwegian music stars Ylvis teach you how to tie the world's greatest knot
- Why do cats love boxes so much?
- Wildlife thrives in 'the most dangerous place on Earth'
- Meet the 'Willy Wonka of tiny houses'