Spoiled by the beauty and seclusion of the Georgia coast, Laura works as a naturalist on Little St. Simons Island. Her passion is sharing her love and excitement for the natural world, and since she has graduated from Clemson University, she has been doing just that. She has worked with University of Florida's Fort Lauderdale Research and Education Center, Clemson University's outdoor education programs, Sanibel Sea School, and Cumberland Island National Seashore. Laura was raised in the South Carolina upstate and loves to be outdoors. Her interests include everything from gardening to kayaking to picking up trash from the beach.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...There may very well be wood types that are best split green, but red oak isn't one of them...."
- by reader LKS473
- by reader Steven
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- Little girl feeds crows; in return, they bring her gifts
- 22 words you're probably saying wrong
- The Barefoot Farmer grows more than food
- 6 cool things you can make from old jeans
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- Watch stately sandhill cranes try to walk on thin ice
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- 7 cultural concepts we don't have in the U.S.
- How often should you wash your towels?
- 7 things I wish someone told me before I adopted a dog