LiveScience, launched in 2004, is the trusted and provocative source for highly accessible science, health and technology news for people who are curious about their minds, bodies, and the world around them. Our team of experienced science reporters, editors and video producers explore the latest discoveries, trends and myths, interviewing expert sources and offering up deep and broad analyses of topics that affect peoples' lives in meaningful ways. For more info, visit livescience.com.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- Photographers snap Siding Spring comet buzzing Mars
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- The surprising health benefits of ginger
- Use baking soda for easy-to-peel hard-boiled eggs
- 'Heart of the Sea' teaser hints at the wrath of Moby Dick
- 5 ways you can help pit bulls (and 1 involves extremely cute puppy photos)
- What will humans look like in 100,000 years?
- Night skiing is even cooler if you're covered in LEDs
- 25 creative ways to help animal shelters
- Winning design for D.C.'s river-spanning, neighborhood-connecting park announced