LiveScience, launched in 2004, is the trusted and provocative source for highly accessible science, health and technology news for people who are curious about their minds, bodies, and the world around them. Our team of experienced science reporters, editors and video producers explore the latest discoveries, trends and myths, interviewing expert sources and offering up deep and broad analyses of topics that affect peoples' lives in meaningful ways. For more info, visit livescience.com.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...There may very well be wood types that are best split green, but red oak isn't one of them...."
- by reader LKS473
- by reader Steven
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 15 famous people who mysteriously disappeared
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- 7 cultural concepts we don't have in the U.S.
- What is freezing fog?
- This woman sees more than 2 colors in 'the dress'
- How to shed winter weight before winter is over
- 7 things I wish someone told me before I adopted a dog
- Bras don't actually work, says French study
- Little girl feeds crows; in return, they bring her gifts
- Which of the 8 kinds of intelligence do you have?