LiveScience, launched in 2004, is the trusted and provocative source for highly accessible science, health and technology news for people who are curious about their minds, bodies, and the world around them. Our team of experienced science reporters, editors and video producers explore the latest discoveries, trends and myths, interviewing expert sources and offering up deep and broad analyses of topics that affect peoples' lives in meaningful ways. For more info, visit livescience.com.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...There may very well be wood types that are best split green, but red oak isn't one of them...."
- by reader LKS473
- by reader Steven
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- The Barefoot Farmer grows more than food
- Little girl feeds crows; in return, they bring her gifts
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- How often should you wash your towels?
- 7 cultural concepts we don't have in the U.S.
- 6 cool things you can make from old jeans
- These starling murmurations are not what they appear
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- Parallel worlds exist and interact with our world, say physicists
- There's a new dog in John Unger's life: Meet Bear