LiveScience, launched in 2004, is the trusted and provocative source for highly accessible science, health and technology news for people who are curious about their minds, bodies, and the world around them. Our team of experienced science reporters, editors and video producers explore the latest discoveries, trends and myths, interviewing expert sources and offering up deep and broad analyses of topics that affect peoples' lives in meaningful ways. For more info, visit livescience.com.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- Why dogs don't like to be hugged
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- Desert survival skills: Would you make it out alive? MNN quiz
- Too beautiful to be real? 16 surreal landscapes found on Earth
- Pit bulls and babies: Photographic proof that the much-maligned pups have hearts of gold
- This simple sitting test could predict how long you will live
- The science behind the extraordinary vision of owls
- How often do you really need to shower?
- 10 natural cough remedies
- 14 vegetables you've probably never heard of: What in the world?