LiveScience, launched in 2004, is the trusted and provocative source for highly accessible science, health and technology news for people who are curious about their minds, bodies, and the world around them. Our team of experienced science reporters, editors and video producers explore the latest discoveries, trends and myths, interviewing expert sources and offering up deep and broad analyses of topics that affect peoples' lives in meaningful ways. For more info, visit livescience.com.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...There may very well be wood types that are best split green, but red oak isn't one of them...."
- by reader LKS473
- by reader Steven
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 7 things I wish someone told me before I adopted a dog
- How to hike with your cat
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- Apples are still the dirtiest of the Dirty Dozen
- 7 cultural concepts we don't have in the U.S.
- Bras don't actually work, says French study
- What happens when you blow bubbles when it's minus 49 degrees?
- What is the blue hour? Learn about this magic time between daylight and darkness
- 23 adorable photos that will change the way you think about rats
- Infographic: What's your state good at?