LiveScience, launched in 2004, is the trusted and provocative source for highly accessible science, health and technology news for people who are curious about their minds, bodies, and the world around them. Our team of experienced science reporters, editors and video producers explore the latest discoveries, trends and myths, interviewing expert sources and offering up deep and broad analyses of topics that affect peoples' lives in meaningful ways. For more info, visit livescience.com.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...There may very well be wood types that are best split green, but red oak isn't one of them...."
- by reader LKS473
- by reader Steven
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- Quokka selfies are taking the Internet by storm
- 7 cultural concepts we don't have in the U.S.
- Meet the cats that rule Facebook
- 5 quotes about stars that will make you eager to gaze at the night sky
- Weasel catches ride with woodpecker (Yes, it's real)
- 7 inspiring, badass women
- 'Under the Dome' air pollution documentary turns viral sensation
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- 50 insane facts about the eye