LiveScience, launched in 2004, is the trusted and provocative source for highly accessible science, health and technology news for people who are curious about their minds, bodies, and the world around them. Our team of experienced science reporters, editors and video producers explore the latest discoveries, trends and myths, interviewing expert sources and offering up deep and broad analyses of topics that affect peoples' lives in meaningful ways. For more info, visit livescience.com.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...There may very well be wood types that are best split green, but red oak isn't one of them...."
- by reader LKS473
- by reader Steven
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- 22 words you're probably saying wrong
- Little girl feeds crows; in return, they bring her gifts
- When the zombie apocalypse arrives, head for the Rocky Mountains
- 7 cultural concepts we don't have in the U.S.
- 10 natural cough remedies
- The Barefoot Farmer grows more than food
- 13 surprising home remedies for acid reflux
- Which of the 8 kinds of intelligence do you have?
- 15 famous people who mysteriously disappeared