LiveScience, launched in 2004, is the trusted and provocative source for highly accessible science, health and technology news for people who are curious about their minds, bodies, and the world around them. Our team of experienced science reporters, editors and video producers explore the latest discoveries, trends and myths, interviewing expert sources and offering up deep and broad analyses of topics that affect peoples' lives in meaningful ways. For more info, visit livescience.com.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...There may very well be wood types that are best split green, but red oak isn't one of them...."
- by reader LKS473
- by reader Steven
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 8 adorable videos of baby animals taking baths
- 6 ways to annoy a pregnant woman
- Judge says banned service dog can go back to school
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- Newfound spiders have names to match their flash
- Why do dogs tilt their heads when we speak?
- Oats: 12 recipes to get this super grain into your diet
- 15 houseplants for improving indoor air quality: A breath of fresh air
- 6 important things that were invented during the Middle Ages
- 7 cultural concepts we don't have in the U.S.