We live in the foothills of Sequoia National Park, in a log home that is completely off grid. We have 'normal' AC electricity in our home, powered by a photovoltaic system and backup propane generator. We have a 1/4 acre garden, and at the time of this writing, we have 18 grown chickens (6 roosters, 12 hens), 5 'teenage' chickens, and 1 young chick. Our chickens have grown up as free range, but we have 2 new pups that have been much more difficult to train than our other 2 dogs were as pups, so the chickens unfortunately have been cooped up (pun totally intended) since we got the pups.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...Broga? Really? Are they targeting college frat boys as a demo? ..."
- by reader StoJa
- by reader John M. Uscian
- by reader Highlowsel Smith
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- What your sleep position says about you
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- 'Everlasting storm' has 1 million lightning strikes a year
- What is spontaneous human combustion?
- 15 famous people who mysteriously disappeared
- 13 surprising home remedies for acid reflux
- 17 surprisingly real animals
- 18 things you can clean in the dishwasher (aside from the dishes)
- How to make a dog birthday cake