We live in the foothills of Sequoia National Park, in a log home that is completely off grid. We have 'normal' AC electricity in our home, powered by a photovoltaic system and backup propane generator. We have a 1/4 acre garden, and at the time of this writing, we have 18 grown chickens (6 roosters, 12 hens), 5 'teenage' chickens, and 1 young chick. Our chickens have grown up as free range, but we have 2 new pups that have been much more difficult to train than our other 2 dogs were as pups, so the chickens unfortunately have been cooped up (pun totally intended) since we got the pups.
lliefveld's MOST RECENT COMMENTS
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- Sleek, slanted-roof cabin wants to woo new generation of California campers
- Make ice cream in 5 minutes with one ingredient
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- 15 of the most toxic places to live: Apocalypse now?
- What if Raleigh and Atlanta just merged?
- Study: Abstaining from alcohol significantly shortens life
- How to clean brass naturally
- 8 of the cutest toxic caterpillars
- 13 surprising home remedies for acid reflux