We live in the foothills of Sequoia National Park, in a log home that is completely off grid. We have 'normal' AC electricity in our home, powered by a photovoltaic system and backup propane generator. We have a 1/4 acre garden, and at the time of this writing, we have 18 grown chickens (6 roosters, 12 hens), 5 'teenage' chickens, and 1 young chick. Our chickens have grown up as free range, but we have 2 new pups that have been much more difficult to train than our other 2 dogs were as pups, so the chickens unfortunately have been cooped up (pun totally intended) since we got the pups.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...There may very well be wood types that are best split green, but red oak isn't one of them...."
- by reader LKS473
- by reader Steven
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 7 things I wish someone told me before I adopted a dog
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- 7 cultural concepts we don't have in the U.S.
- Bras don't actually work, says French study
- 7 things you didn't know about prairie dogs
- How to hike with your cat
- What is the blue hour? Learn about this magic time between daylight and darkness
- Apples are still the dirtiest of the Dirty Dozen
- What is freezing fog?
- What your blood type says about you