Laura McMillan is a student at Georgia State University in Atlanta with an English/journalism double major. While she lives in what she calls, "the epicenter of one of the smoggiest, car-loving cities in the nation," she also notes, "I have seen the diversity of my home state's beautiful environment." She's a supporter of public transportation (and a daily user of MARTA (Metro Atlanta Rapid Transit Authority)", and is excited to use her journalism training "to record what all we Georgians — both inside and outside the Perimeter — are trying to protect."
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...Broga? Really? Are they targeting college frat boys as a demo? ..."
- by reader StoJa
- by reader John M. Uscian
- by reader Highlowsel Smith
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- 12 plants that repel unwanted insects
- Map points the way for the ultimate U.S. road trip
- How one small town became the 'Lavender Capital of North America'
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- Watch 21 flowers bloom in 2 minutes
- How fast could you travel across the U.S. in the 1800s?
- Need a dose of happy? Watch this video
- What's that sound? 7 wildlife calls you might hear in your backyard
- How fluent are you in dog-speak?