Laura McMillan is a student at Georgia State University in Atlanta with an English/journalism double major. While she lives in what she calls, "the epicenter of one of the smoggiest, car-loving cities in the nation," she also notes, "I have seen the diversity of my home state's beautiful environment." She's a supporter of public transportation (and a daily user of MARTA (Metro Atlanta Rapid Transit Authority)", and is excited to use her journalism training "to record what all we Georgians — both inside and outside the Perimeter — are trying to protect."
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- Why dogs don't like to be hugged
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- Desert survival skills: Would you make it out alive? MNN quiz
- 5 cheap ways to save 1,000 gallons of water
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- When are you supposed to tip?
- Extraordinary images from Iceland, a place of fire and ice
- 7 tiny homes that celebrate simple living
- The world's 10 oldest living trees
- Too beautiful to be real? 16 surreal landscapes found on Earth