Laura McMillan is a student at Georgia State University in Atlanta with an English/journalism double major. While she lives in what she calls, "the epicenter of one of the smoggiest, car-loving cities in the nation," she also notes, "I have seen the diversity of my home state's beautiful environment." She's a supporter of public transportation (and a daily user of MARTA (Metro Atlanta Rapid Transit Authority)", and is excited to use her journalism training "to record what all we Georgians — both inside and outside the Perimeter — are trying to protect."
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 'Miracle Dogs' celebrates rescue dogs and their owners
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- 10 ways to give without buying stuff
- 15 words you never knew came from literature
- 17 things you didn't know you could do in a waffle iron
- What are the hardest languages to learn?
- How to transform your sleep with the sun
- 5 reasons soup should be on your fall menu
- Why a former NFL star gave up football to become a farmer
- Cuba: A classic car buyer's paradise in 2014?