Laura Wood is a senior environmental science major at the University of Maine, Orono, with a concentration in natural resource management. She has played an active role on campus working with the Green Campus Initiative and Property Management in promoting recycling programs and composting at dining facilities. She has volunteered to help families who live in "the Dump" in Managua, Nicaragua, has lobbied for international family planning at the House and Senate in Washington, D.C., and has cleaned beaches in the Florida Keys for a sea turtle habitat restoration project. All these experiences have propelled her into the field of sustainable waste management. Outside of the classroom, she loves traveling, wearing pink, sea-kayaking and drawing.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...Broga? Really? Are they targeting college frat boys as a demo? ..."
- by reader StoJa
- by reader John M. Uscian
- by reader Highlowsel Smith
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- Dog captures images that grab his attention
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- 'Tattoos & Rescues': Photo project demolishes 2 stereotypes at once
- 12 plants that repel unwanted insects
- 30 words that are their own opposites
- What is the skinniest state in the U.S.?
- 15 things humans do wrong at dog parks
- How to travel well when you have a 9-to-5 job
- 5 things you probably didn't know about the iris