Laura Wood is a senior environmental science major at the University of Maine, Orono, with a concentration in natural resource management. She has played an active role on campus working with the Green Campus Initiative and Property Management in promoting recycling programs and composting at dining facilities. She has volunteered to help families who live in "the Dump" in Managua, Nicaragua, has lobbied for international family planning at the House and Senate in Washington, D.C., and has cleaned beaches in the Florida Keys for a sea turtle habitat restoration project. All these experiences have propelled her into the field of sustainable waste management. Outside of the classroom, she loves traveling, wearing pink, sea-kayaking and drawing.
Laura's MOST RECENT COMMENTS
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- No descendants are left from the first Arctic Eskimos
- New quantum camera capable of snapping photos of 'ghosts'
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- Which of the 8 kinds of intelligence do you have?
- How extensive is California's drought? Compare the photos
- Richard Proenneke: The man who showed us how to be alone in the wilderness
- Would you use the Knee Defender on your next flight?
- 10 habits you should pick up from your grandmother
- High-tech detective work cracks mystery of Death Valley's rolling rocks
- 5 honey treatments for great skin and hair