I've been balancing my freelance writing career with motherhood since the birth of my first son who anchored my life 18 years ago. My second son, just six, is the one who reminds me to live in the moment.
I've also been pursuing a simple lifestyle for years, and just recently decided to write about responsible living and getting back to basics. I collaborated with a colleague to create online publication/blog, Chester County Dwell, which features images of well-designed spaces created with style and efficiency in mind, and stories about homeowners and community members determined to live more responsibility.
I love hanging out in my garden, or with family and friends, and reading essays and short stories, or a good novel, or going to a farmer's market to cook up a seasonal recipe for a night filled with cooking and conversation.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 10 habits you should pick up from your grandmother
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- Why dogs don't like to be hugged
- 15 commonly refrigerated foods that don't need to be
- A glimpse into 1930s England through newlywed eyes
- This simple sitting test could predict how long you will live
- Best air-filtering houseplants, according to NASA
- 20 uses for leftover fruit and vegetable peels
- 10 natural cough remedies
- Desert survival skills: Would you make it out alive? MNN quiz