Maria Boland is a full-time student at Marywood University in Pennsylvania where she is studying environmental science and will soon be minoring in communications. She is involved with the Environmental and International clubs, both of which have missions to expand members' knowledge of people and the world. Her career goals include working for Animal Planet or Conservancy International as an environmental tour guide, hopefully traveling the globe and finding adventure. In her free time, Maria enjoys volunteering at the Humane Society of Lackawanna County, walking/hiking through the woods, long bike rides, and trips to the beach to soak up the sun and catch some waves. Maria expects to graduate in 2012.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...There may very well be wood types that are best split green, but red oak isn't one of them...."
- by reader LKS473
- by reader Steven
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 8 life lessons we learned from Dr. Seuss
- Little girl feeds crows; in return, they bring her gifts
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- 7 cultural concepts we don't have in the U.S.
- 22 words you're probably saying wrong
- When zombie apocalypse comes, head for the Rockies
- 7 little-known side effects of daylight saving time
- The Barefoot Farmer grows more than food
- Parallel worlds exist and interact with our world, say physicists
- Which of the 8 kinds of intelligence do you have?