Maria Boland is a full-time student at Marywood University in Pennsylvania where she is studying environmental science and will soon be minoring in communications. She is involved with the Environmental and International clubs, both of which have missions to expand members' knowledge of people and the world. Her career goals include working for Animal Planet or Conservancy International as an environmental tour guide, hopefully traveling the globe and finding adventure. In her free time, Maria enjoys volunteering at the Humane Society of Lackawanna County, walking/hiking through the woods, long bike rides, and trips to the beach to soak up the sun and catch some waves. Maria expects to graduate in 2012.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...There may very well be wood types that are best split green, but red oak isn't one of them...."
- by reader LKS473
- by reader Steven
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 6 ways to annoy a pregnant woman
- Oats: 12 recipes to get this super grain into your diet
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- Meet the cats that rule Facebook
- 7 cultural concepts we don't have in the U.S.
- Real-life cookie monsters steal Girl Scout cookies
- Quokka selfies are taking the Internet by storm
- Weasel catches ride with woodpecker (Yes, it's real)
- How to stop (some) drones from flying over your house
- 10 habits you should pick up from your grandmother