Maria Boland is a full-time student at Marywood University in Pennsylvania where she is studying environmental science and will soon be minoring in communications. She is involved with the Environmental and International clubs, both of which have missions to expand members' knowledge of people and the world. Her career goals include working for Animal Planet or Conservancy International as an environmental tour guide, hopefully traveling the globe and finding adventure. In her free time, Maria enjoys volunteering at the Humane Society of Lackawanna County, walking/hiking through the woods, long bike rides, and trips to the beach to soak up the sun and catch some waves. Maria expects to graduate in 2012.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...There may very well be wood types that are best split green, but red oak isn't one of them...."
- by reader LKS473
- by reader Steven
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 7 cultural concepts we don't have in the U.S.
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- Bras don't actually work, says French study
- 7 things I wish someone told me before I adopted a dog
- 7 things you didn't know about prairie dogs
- Monster black hole is 12 billion times more massive than the sun
- Parallel worlds exist and interact with our world, say physicists
- Should we make spelling easier?
- What your blood type says about you
- Portraits of fellas and their felines subvert 'crazy cat lady' theme