Michael Dickson is a junior at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill majoring in English and Journalism, and he is involved with many campus organizations and publications. He believes there is a great need for more public awareness of environmental issues, and that the media have a responsibility to play a big part in remedying this. In his spare time he likes to blog, dance and wander through the woods without a watch.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- 15 words you never knew came from literature
- 10 ways to give without buying stuff
- Is your goat happy? Here's how you can tell
- What are the hardest languages to learn?
- Say what? 11 untranslatable words from other cultures [Infographic]
- Welcome to the magical world of Christmas tree worms
- 13 surprising home remedies for acid reflux
- 5 fun family games for Christmas
- Why a former NFL star gave up football to become a farmer