Michael Dickson is a junior at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill majoring in English and Journalism, and he is involved with many campus organizations and publications. He believes there is a great need for more public awareness of environmental issues, and that the media have a responsibility to play a big part in remedying this. In his spare time he likes to blog, dance and wander through the woods without a watch.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 59 ways to live a longer life
- How 'hygge' can help you get through winter
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- This balance test could predict your risk of stroke
- 10 ways to give without buying stuff
- 6 things you probably didn't know about 'It's a Wonderful Life'
- 41 of our favorite life hacks
- 10 natural cough remedies
- This simple sitting test could predict how long you will live
- 7 of the coldest places in the world to live: Bone chilling