Michael Dickson is a junior at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill majoring in English and Journalism, and he is involved with many campus organizations and publications. He believes there is a great need for more public awareness of environmental issues, and that the media have a responsibility to play a big part in remedying this. In his spare time he likes to blog, dance and wander through the woods without a watch.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...Broga? Really? Are they targeting college frat boys as a demo? ..."
- by reader StoJa
- by reader John M. Uscian
- by reader Highlowsel Smith
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 30 words that are their own opposites
- 'Tattoos & Rescues': Photo project demolishes 2 stereotypes at once
- Berkeley collects $116,000 in 1st month of soda tax
- Dog captures images that grab his attention
- How to travel well when you have a 9-to-5 job
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- Does happiness have a scent?
- Should you cut out swearing in front of animals?
- How to take great bird photos in your backyard