Michael Dickson is a junior at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill majoring in English and Journalism, and he is involved with many campus organizations and publications. He believes there is a great need for more public awareness of environmental issues, and that the media have a responsibility to play a big part in remedying this. In his spare time he likes to blog, dance and wander through the woods without a watch.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- Puppy-sized spider surprises and scares scientist
- Your birth season may explain your mood
- What to pack for a hike: 10 essential items
- 10 natural cough remedies
- 13 surprising home remedies for acid reflux
- 15 houseplants for improving indoor air quality: A breath of fresh air
- How to keep scratch-happy cats off furniture
- What will humans look like in 100,000 years?
- 10 false facts most people think are true