Michael Dickson is a junior at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill majoring in English and Journalism, and he is involved with many campus organizations and publications. He believes there is a great need for more public awareness of environmental issues, and that the media have a responsibility to play a big part in remedying this. In his spare time he likes to blog, dance and wander through the woods without a watch.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...There may very well be wood types that are best split green, but red oak isn't one of them...."
- by reader LKS473
- by reader Steven
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 22 words you're probably saying wrong
- Little girl feeds crows; in return, they bring her gifts
- The Barefoot Farmer grows more than food
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- 17-year-old invents water purifier powered by the sun
- Parallel worlds exist and interact with our world, say physicists
- These starling murmurations are not what they appear
- 6 cool things you can make from old jeans
- 7 cultural concepts we don't have in the U.S.
- 7 things I wish someone told me before I adopted a dog