Michael Dickson is a junior at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill majoring in English and Journalism, and he is involved with many campus organizations and publications. He believes there is a great need for more public awareness of environmental issues, and that the media have a responsibility to play a big part in remedying this. In his spare time he likes to blog, dance and wander through the woods without a watch.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- When are you supposed to tip?
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- 7 tiny homes that celebrate simple living
- Break out the sheepskin: Study finds babies who sleep on animal skins are less likely to develop ast
- Recipe: Guacamole Grilled Cheese Sandwich
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- Goodbye to cars: Why we should take a good look at Finland's phone-based mobility system
- James and Suzy Amis Cameron to launch global plant-based diet campaign
- Too beautiful to be real? 16 surreal landscapes found on Earth
- Big safety tests loom for SpaceX's Dragon capsule