Melissa Breyer is a senior writer + editor at MNN. She is the co-author of True Food (National Geographic, 2009), Build Your Running Body (The Experiment, 2014), Extreme Weather Survival Guide (National Geographic, 2014) and a contributing photo editor for Black and White Street (Solaris Studio, 2014). Her work has appeared across the web and in regional and international books and periodicals, including The New York Times Magazine. She currently lives in Brooklyn, NY.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- Ancient stone circles in Mideast baffle archaeologists
- Forest bathing: Take a dip in these serene forests
- Underwater 'lump' may be wreckage from Amelia Earhart's plane
- Guide to pairing wine with Halloween candy
- What does your facial shape say about your personality?
- 11 things dog owners should never say
- Tiny jumping spiders dance like there's no tomorrow
- 30 hearty soup recipes for fall and winter
- Homeowner's lawn-to-garden transformation yields more than just vegetables