Melissa Breyer is a senior writer + editor at MNN. She is the co-author of True Food (National Geographic, 2009), Build Your Running Body (The Experiment, 2014), Extreme Weather Survival Guide (National Geographic, 2014) and a contributing photo editor for Black and White Street (Solaris Studio, 2014). Her work has appeared across the web and in regional and international books and periodicals, including The New York Times Magazine. She currently lives in Brooklyn, NY.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- This balance test could predict your risk of stroke
- 17 things you didn't know you could do in a waffle iron
- What's wrong with my cookies? A troubleshooting guide
- 18 perfect snowflakes [Photos]
- 6 things you probably didn't know about 'It's a Wonderful Life'
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- How 'hygge' can help you get through winter
- How often do you need to change your sheets?
- World's deepest fish discovered 5 miles under the ocean surface
- 20 things you didn't know about zebras