Melissa Breyer is a senior writer + editor at MNN. She is the co-author of True Food (National Geographic, 2009), Build Your Running Body (The Experiment, 2014), Extreme Weather Survival Guide (National Geographic, 2014) and a contributing photo editor for Black and White Street (Solaris Studio, 2014). Her work has appeared across the web and in regional and international books and periodicals, including The New York Times Magazine. She currently lives in Brooklyn, NY.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- Underwater 'lump' may be wreckage from Amelia Earhart's plane
- Earth's water existed 135 million years earlier than scientists originally thought
- Guide to pairing wine with Halloween candy
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- 30 hearty soup recipes for fall and winter
- Tiny jumping spiders dance like there's no tomorrow
- 12 horror films that reveal Mother Nature's evil side
- 11 things dog owners should never say
- 8 creepiest places in U.S. national parks
- Can a Google search prove that we've been visited by time travelers from the future?