Melissa Breyer is a senior writer + editor at MNN. She is the co-author of True Food (National Geographic, 2009), Build Your Running Body (The Experiment, 2014), Extreme Weather Survival Guide (National Geographic, 2014) and a contributing photo editor for Black and White Street (Solaris Studio, 2014). Her work has appeared across the web and in regional and international books and periodicals, including The New York Times Magazine. She currently lives in Brooklyn, NY.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...There may very well be wood types that are best split green, but red oak isn't one of them...."
- by reader LKS473
- by reader Steven
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- The Barefoot Farmer grows more than food
- How to change your life by decluttering
- No Big Bang? Universe may have had no beginning
- What is face blindness?
- Little girl feeds crows; in return, they bring her gifts
- 10 habits you should pick up from your grandmother
- What does your handwriting say about your personality?
- 8 life lessons we learned from Dr. Seuss
- 7 cultural concepts we don't have in the U.S.