Melissa Breyer is a senior writer + editor at MNN. She is the co-author of True Food (National Geographic, 2009), Build Your Running Body (The Experiment, 2014), Extreme Weather Survival Guide (National Geographic, 2014) and a contributing photo editor for Black and White Street (Solaris Studio, 2014). Her work has appeared across the web and in regional and international books and periodicals, including The New York Times Magazine. She currently lives in Brooklyn, NY.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- Why dogs don't like to be hugged
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- The science behind the extraordinary vision of owls
- This simple sitting test could predict how long you will live
- Pit bulls and babies: Photographic proof that the much-maligned pups have hearts of gold
- Too beautiful to be real? 16 surreal landscapes found on Earth
- Desert survival skills: Would you make it out alive? MNN quiz
- How often do you really need to shower?
- 10 natural cough remedies
- 6 of the world's most romantic train rides