Melissa Breyer is a senior writer + editor at MNN. She is the co-author of True Food (National Geographic, 2009), Build Your Running Body (The Experiment, 2014), Extreme Weather Survival Guide (National Geographic, 2014) and a contributing photo editor for Black and White Street (Solaris Studio, 2014). Her work has appeared across the web and in regional and international books and periodicals, including The New York Times Magazine. She currently lives in Brooklyn, NY.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- Help! I forgot to thaw the turkey
- Stray dog follows adventure race team for 430 miles
- 10 brain games to play with your dog
- Why do butterflies and moths have such detailed wings?
- 7 traits of people who are great at relationships
- 8 things you probably didn't know about the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade
- Shelter dogs find love matches on Tinder
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- How the planets got their names
- Use baking soda for easy-to-peel hard-boiled eggs