Melissa Breyer is a senior writer + editor at MNN. She is the co-author of True Food (National Geographic, 2009), Build Your Running Body (The Experiment, 2014), Extreme Weather Survival Guide (National Geographic, 2014) and a contributing photo editor for Black and White Street (Solaris Studio, 2014). Her work has appeared across the web and in regional and international books and periodicals, including The New York Times Magazine. She currently lives in Brooklyn, NY.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- Puppy-sized spider surprises and scares scientist
- Your birth season may explain your mood
- What to pack for a hike: 10 essential items
- 15 houseplants for improving indoor air quality: A breath of fresh air
- 10 natural cough remedies
- 7 traits of people who are great at relationships
- How to keep scratch-happy cats off furniture
- What will humans look like in 100,000 years?
- Wild mushrooms: What to eat, what to avoid