Melissa Breyer is a senior writer + editor at MNN. She is the co-author of True Food (National Geographic, 2009), Build Your Running Body (The Experiment, 2014), Extreme Weather Survival Guide (National Geographic, 2014) and a contributing photo editor for Black and White Street (Solaris Studio, 2014). Her work has appeared across the web and in regional and international books and periodicals, including The New York Times Magazine. She currently lives in Brooklyn, NY.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- Nature-loving pets help veteran overcome PTSD
- 11 things dog owners should never say
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- 9 interesting noises from NASA's SoundCloud stream
- 15 reasons you should adopt a cat
- 10 natural cough remedies
- 'Old Faithful' dogs get their moment in the sun
- 15 commonly refrigerated foods that don't need to be
- How fluent are you in dog-speak?
- Food fraud: 10 counterfeit products we commonly consume