Melissa Breyer is a senior writer + editor at MNN. She is the co-author of True Food (National Geographic, 2009), Build Your Running Body (The Experiment, 2014), Extreme Weather Survival Guide (National Geographic, 2014) and a contributing photo editor for Black and White Street (Solaris Studio, 2014). Her work has appeared across the web and in regional and international books and periodicals, including The New York Times Magazine. She currently lives in Brooklyn, NY.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...I'm sorry, but if my child were in a class with these two, I would pull him out...."
- by reader Karen
- by reader Tara
- by reader Kaiyotee
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- Parallel worlds exist and interact with our world, say physicists
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- Mother's photos glorify a mermaid's adventures
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- Finally answered! Which came first, the chicken or the egg?
- 13 surprising home remedies for acid reflux
- How long would it take to fall through a hole in the Earth?
- 15 famous people who mysteriously disappeared
- A simple homemade electrolyte drink
- The Grand Canyon is under attack (from humans)