Melissa Breyer is a senior writer + editor at MNN. She is the co-author of True Food (National Geographic, 2009), Build Your Running Body (The Experiment, 2014), Extreme Weather Survival Guide (National Geographic, 2014) and a contributing photo editor for Black and White Street (Solaris Studio, 2014). Her work has appeared across the web and in regional and international books and periodicals, including The New York Times Magazine. She currently lives in Brooklyn, NY.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 7 cultural concepts we don't have in the U.S.
- Parallel worlds exist and interact with our world, say physicists
- How often do you really need to shower?
- 10 habits you should pick up from your grandmother
- Internet emits collective 'aww' for this cat's unique face
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- Too beautiful to be real? 16 surreal landscapes found on Earth
- How much do you know about owls?
- Gadzooks! The truth behind not-so-innocent phrases
- The dog poem that made Johnny Carson cry