Melissa Breyer is a senior writer + editor at MNN. She is the co-author of True Food (National Geographic, 2009), Build Your Running Body (The Experiment, 2014), Extreme Weather Survival Guide (National Geographic, 2014) and a contributing photo editor for Black and White Street (Solaris Studio, 2014). Her work has appeared across the web and in regional and international books and periodicals, including The New York Times Magazine. She currently lives in Brooklyn, NY.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...There may very well be wood types that are best split green, but red oak isn't one of them...."
- by reader LKS473
- by reader Steven
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- Little girl feeds crows; in return, they bring her gifts
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- 7 things I wish someone told me before I adopted a dog
- 15 famous people who mysteriously disappeared
- The Barefoot Farmer grows more than food
- These starling murmurations are not what they appear
- 7 cultural concepts we don't have in the U.S.
- 5 surprisingly decadent no-refined-sugar dessert recipes
- 17-year-old invents water purifier powered by the sun
- Parallel worlds exist and interact with our world, say physicists