Melissa Breyer is a senior writer + editor at MNN. She is the co-author of True Food (National Geographic, 2009), Build Your Running Body (The Experiment, 2014), Extreme Weather Survival Guide (National Geographic, 2014) and a contributing photo editor for Black and White Street (Solaris Studio, 2014). Her work has appeared across the web and in regional and international books and periodicals, including The New York Times Magazine. She currently lives in Brooklyn, NY.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...There may very well be wood types that are best split green, but red oak isn't one of them...."
- by reader LKS473
- by reader Steven
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- 22 words you're probably saying wrong
- Little girl feeds crows; in return, they bring her gifts
- 15 famous people who mysteriously disappeared
- When zombie apocalypse comes, head for the Rockies
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- 7 cultural concepts we don't have in the U.S.
- What will humans look like in 100,000 years?
- Parallel worlds exist and interact with our world, say physicists
- What are the hardest languages to learn?