Melissa Breyer is a senior writer + editor at MNN. She is the co-author of True Food (National Geographic, 2009), Build Your Running Body (The Experiment, 2014), Extreme Weather Survival Guide (National Geographic, 2014) and a contributing photo editor for Black and White Street (Solaris Studio, 2014). Her work has appeared across the web and in regional and international books and periodicals, including The New York Times Magazine. She currently lives in Brooklyn, NY.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- Million-mummy cemetery unearthed in Egypt
- 'Miracle Dogs' celebrates rescue dogs and their owners
- 17 things you didn't know you could do in a waffle iron
- 10 ways to give without buying stuff
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- How to transform your sleep with the sun
- What are the hardest languages to learn?
- Why a former NFL star gave up football to become a farmer
- 'Smart' bicycle has radar, vibrates when it senses obstacles
- How Matt Damon bulked up for 'Elysium'