That I have been recycling every day for 45 years I originally started back on Earth day 1969 paper drive at boarding school I was 17 and when I would come home for vacation I would volunteer at the recycling center because I enjoyed learning all I could do for mother earth. When I graduated high school and was l was living at home I would collect my parents recycling and a friend of theirs for taking their items they would give me coupons and bottles this was before the blue bins had started. On April 21, 1991 I received a proclamation from the First Selectman from the Town of Greenwich, Ct marking the 20th Anniversary of the the opening of the Greenwich Recycling Center I was know as a pioneer. It's a lifestyle for me I have more recycling leaving the house and less garbage.I even have special plates on my car Recyqn which is Recycle Queen . And today at the age of 61 now still going strong. I'm a mother, wife and grandmother that's all for now.
messenger21century's MOST RECENT COMMENTS
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- 16 clever uses for binder clips
- Want to live longer? Go for a run.
- How fluent are you in dog-speak?
- 7 rainy day games to play with your dog
- What's a humpback whale doing in the forest?
- 'Everlasting storm' has 1 million lightning strikes a year
- What will humans look like in 100,000 years?
- 7 traits of people who are great at relationships
- 6 books every dog owner should read