Matt is a native Oregonian and graduate student at Southern Oregon University pursuing a master's degree in environmental education. Before starting graduate school, Matt received a bachelor's degree in mass media studies from SOU and then moved to Los Angeles where he lived in Venice Beach and worked in media and entertainment. While in Southern California, Matt recorded an album with the band Loud as Lions titled "Birth of a Hero" (www.myspace.com/loudaslions). His love for outdoor activities includes: surfing, snowboarding, skateboarding and his recently acquired passion for disc golf. Matt loves tending to his vegetable garden and also learning about ancient historical texts, particularly the Hebrew prophets and the Torah.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"..."Please" and "Thank You" are two tiny words that need to come back into our vocabulary. ..."
- by reader Kristal
"...Every drop of water matters...."
- by reader GhhShirley
- by reader Free Voice
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 6 time-tested ways to revitalize your metabolism
- 17 surprisingly real animals
- Dad starts online petition to solve baby name dispute
- Guarding the last male northern white rhino on Earth
- 15 famous people who mysteriously disappeared
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- Oregon man in possession of 13 million gallons of illicit rainwater sentenced to jail
- 10 beautifully useful things made from 'useless' trash
- Why creative people shouldn't work 9 to 5
- Too beautiful to be real? 16 surreal landscapes found on Earth