Matt is a native Oregonian and graduate student at Southern Oregon University pursuing a master's degree in environmental education. Before starting graduate school, Matt received a bachelor's degree in mass media studies from SOU and then moved to Los Angeles where he lived in Venice Beach and worked in media and entertainment. While in Southern California, Matt recorded an album with the band Loud as Lions titled "Birth of a Hero" (www.myspace.com/loudaslions). His love for outdoor activities includes: surfing, snowboarding, skateboarding and his recently acquired passion for disc golf. Matt loves tending to his vegetable garden and also learning about ancient historical texts, particularly the Hebrew prophets and the Torah.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- Guess which cars are magnets for speeding tickets? (Hint: It's not the Ferraris)
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- 50 whales may be a new (and very endangered) species
- 11 startling stats about Earth's disappearing wildlife
- Going off the grid: Why more people are choosing to live life unplugged
- 50 ways to reuse your garbage
- 12 recipes for beans, the super-est of superfoods
- 22 things you didn't know about hedgehogs
- 10 things you should know about Ebola
- What will humans look like in 100,000 years?