Matt is a native Oregonian and graduate student at Southern Oregon University pursuing a master's degree in environmental education. Before starting graduate school, Matt received a bachelor's degree in mass media studies from SOU and then moved to Los Angeles where he lived in Venice Beach and worked in media and entertainment. While in Southern California, Matt recorded an album with the band Loud as Lions titled "Birth of a Hero" (www.myspace.com/loudaslions). His love for outdoor activities includes: surfing, snowboarding, skateboarding and his recently acquired passion for disc golf. Matt loves tending to his vegetable garden and also learning about ancient historical texts, particularly the Hebrew prophets and the Torah.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- What is mindfulness?
- Make ice cream in 5 minutes with one ingredient
- The world's 10 oldest living trees
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- Stunning views and rattled nerves abound at cliff-clinging Aussie abode
- Why Americans are less happy with their new cars
- 15 commonly refrigerated foods that don't need to be
- Too beautiful to be real? 16 surreal landscapes found on Earth
- Watch a 10-hour Amish barn raising in less than 4 minutes