Melanie Gasmen is currently a junior journalism student at the University of Texas at Austin and is excited to be writing from one of the greenest cities in the nation. Though she’s an aspiring magazine writer, she’s written for The Daily Texan, UT’s student-run newspaper. She’s a budding environmentalist and curious about the unique green initiatives found throughout Austin. When she isn’t writing, she likes cooking, baking, and playing the guitar.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"..."Please" and "Thank You" are two tiny words that need to come back into our vocabulary. ..."
- by reader Kristal
"...Every drop of water matters...."
- by reader GhhShirley
- by reader Free Voice
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- Cryosleep: It's not just science fiction anymore
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- Thanks bro! 9 videos of humans giving animals a helping hand
- 25 of the cutest bat species
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- 12 plants that repel unwanted insects
- 15 famous people who mysteriously disappeared
- 9 ways to redesign (and rethink) retirement
- Why creative people shouldn't work 9 to 5
- How fast could you travel across the U.S. in the 1800s?