Melanie Gasmen is currently a junior journalism student at the University of Texas at Austin and is excited to be writing from one of the greenest cities in the nation. Though she’s an aspiring magazine writer, she’s written for The Daily Texan, UT’s student-run newspaper. She’s a budding environmentalist and curious about the unique green initiatives found throughout Austin. When she isn’t writing, she likes cooking, baking, and playing the guitar.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- Why dogs don't like to be hugged
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- Pit bulls and babies: Photographic proof that the much-maligned pups have hearts of gold
- Desert survival skills: Would you make it out alive? MNN quiz
- 13 natural remedies for the ant invasion
- 5 cheap ways to save 1,000 gallons of water
- Extraordinary images from Iceland, a place of fire and ice
- The world's 10 oldest living trees
- 7 tiny homes that celebrate simple living
- What will humans look like in 100,000 years?