Melanie Gasmen is currently a junior journalism student at the University of Texas at Austin and is excited to be writing from one of the greenest cities in the nation. Though she’s an aspiring magazine writer, she’s written for The Daily Texan, UT’s student-run newspaper. She’s a budding environmentalist and curious about the unique green initiatives found throughout Austin. When she isn’t writing, she likes cooking, baking, and playing the guitar.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
|"...The reality is it is my son's body to do with as he chooses! ..."
- by reader This Chick
- by reader Dale
- by reader Erin
MOST POPULAR ON MNN NOW
- 10 recipes for Brussels sprouts that will make them your new favorite vegetable
- 11 things humans do that dogs hate
- How 'hygge' can help you get through winter
- How to help stray animals survive the winter
- Why is it so hard to walk and not spill your coffee? Physicists have the answer
- Too beautiful to be real? 16 surreal landscapes found on Earth
- Why do dogs tilt their heads when we speak?
- 14 stunning portraits show the beauty of black and white wildlife photography
- Help! I forgot to thaw the turkey
- Are we heading for a new 'Mass Extinction?'